Spring Projects 2017: Pet junk, Tupperware & Kitchen Grease



I'm sure we all have those spots in our house that we avoid cleaning or sorting right?  I can't be the only one! Well the purpose of doing this spring project series is to force me to just do it and stop procrastinating (I am an A* procrastinator btw).

Tupperware:

The first area I tackled was the dreaded tupperware cupboard. For weeks my partner has been moaning at the fact we have more lids than we do containers and how long it takes him to pair them up correctly. So after we purchased a couple of new containers from Home Sense I felt it was time to finally sort it all out. All the extra lids were put in the recycling and any containers we rarely use, or were just really stained, were also trashed. Taking on board my partners number one peeve I now pair the container and lid in the cupboard - it takes up more room so we keep fewer/better tubs, but it is so worth it for no moaning!



Pet Junk:

If you're like us and have a dog you may have noticed they seem to accumulate almost as much stuff as a small child? Well ours has and one thing that has been bugging me more and more was the "hot spot" beside our back door that holds all things we may need to grab when walking the dog.


It's not pretty and as it's in our kitchen it really bothers me. So I emptied it all out, cleaned it, trashed a tonne of stuff the dog will never miss and relocated the winter hats and gloves until needed next winter. 

Now we can see what we have and do not have to untangle the lead from a million objects when trying to get out the door.




Kitchen Grease:

Now this may be over sharing, but our cooker extractor fan is a mess. It's what was here when I bought the house nearly 7 years ago and confession time...I have NEVER cleaned it...ewwww!

So I armed myself with my trusty magic sponges and attacked it!



The hellish greasy before:


The slightly less hellish after:

I'm sure I could get it cleaner with a bit more elbow grease but quite frankly no one looks at it and it's a really awkward angle.

Then I decided to make myself a cup of coffee to celebrate all the good work I'd done!

This post is not sponsored in any way - I just love magic sponges for tackling those awful cleaning jobs.  

So now that I have shared my extractor fan embarrassment...what's the worst spot in your house that you hate tackling?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016