Short break in Alicante


Back in early October I got to spend a lovely three days in the Spanish city of Alicante. My boyfriends sister and mum were arranging a trip there and very graciously asked if I'd like to join them and bring my mum along.

We had a fabulous short break there and in an attempt to ease my way back into blogging I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite memories of the trip.


Alicante has a magnificent marina full of expensive looking boats. It's a nice location to chill out and enjoy relaxing meals in the many restaurants around there and the sandy beach.


Whilst I didn't get chance to visit it, the castle towers over the town like an old watchful owl. It's an impressive size and is very useful to orientate yourself when meandering through the city streets.


There is great shopping in the city, but one of my favourite spots was the central market. It is very near to where we stayed and had some wonderful Instagram friendly flower stalls.


The town itself is a mixture of old winding streets and wider more modern highways. The narrower old streets offered a bit of welcome shade at times.


Most of all I enjoyed the time I got to spent with my Mum. We've both had some health issues this year so it was lovely to relax, unwind and laugh together in the beautiful, welcoming city of Alicante.

Links:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016