Time To Reflect




As a teenager I used to roll my eyes as my Mum and Grandma would comment on how fast the year was going, but I realise now that I have turned into them. Seriously how fast is 2016 going? We are half way through September now, so that got me feeling in a bit of a reflective mood.


It's important when time is marching past so fast that you pause, take time to breathe and look back a little on what the year has brought so far. So that is what this post is for me. A few personal reflections - ask yourself these questions too...play along if you like.


What am I most proud of this year so far?

  • Obviously the blog, but more specifically how consistently I am blogging. I'm someone who in the past has tried many hobbies and honestly none have really stuck for very long. The fact I am still going (nearly at 50 posts now and got to 100 followers on Bloglovin') is an achievement I am proud of.
  • My boyfriend (arrrrr) - he is two years into his three year long degree and is doing soooo well. Very, very proud of him. To be clear he is a mature student - I am not a cougar!
  • My mother - this year she faced Breast Cancer and thankfully won the battle. She was so stoic and brave throughout her treatments - a true role model and I confess I found a new level of respect for her. It's easy to take your parents for granted, but this has shown me not to let that happen.


What am I least proud of?

  • My negative times - most have centred around work frustrations to be honest. Sometimes I find it hard to let go and adapt to the changes at work. I am trying my best though and am in a much better place now than at the start of the year. I'm focusing on the positive more and that is having a positive impact.


What am I most looking forward to?

  • Two of our friends get married at the end of October and my boyfriend is the Best Man. It's going to be a good shindig and I cannot wait to share their special day with them.
  • Holiday with Mum - something I have not done in too long a time. In just a couple of weeks we will be spending a few days together in Alicante. A place neither of us have been and I'm really looking forward to spending time with her after her trials from earlier this year. It will also be a great opportunity to spend time with my boyfriends Mum and Sister who are also going. Cannot wait!

I've enjoyed having this little bit of reflection time and it has brought it home to me what a great year 2016 has been so far and how excited I am for the rest of it. Yes I have had some health issues to deal with, but I always remind myself that there are others who are worse off than me and am trying out being more actively grateful. OK I am going to stop now as I'm going a bit too Oprah!

I'd love it if you felt like sharing your answers to these questions.


Happy rest of 2016!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016