Small Organisation Project - Sideboard Phase 1


Yesterday was Saturday and I found myself abandoned by my boyfriend who wanted to watch grown men get all sweaty and beat each other up (not an underground fight club by the way - it was a legit boxing match).


So with the prospect of hours alone to do entirely as I pleased, I decided to embark on a "mini" organisation project I have been meaning to do for ages. Now that phase one is complete the description of it as "mini" really does not do it justice...I'm exhausted!


In our Living room is a fabulous sideboard (complete splurge at Barker & Stonehouse) which has been a great ally in hiding all that life clutter that you need at hand but could really do without seeing on a daily basis.


It started out as a nicely organised space, but as usual we just kept squirrelling stuff away in the thing and it was beginning to groan under the pressure! Now as it is such a huge piece of furniture I knew that I would not be able to complete this in one sitting, so as there are 3 cupboards in the sideboard I am tackling one at a time. This post is about the left hand section and hence why it is called "phase 1".

Before:



I was inspired to do this task this weekend after watching a video by one of my favourite organising queens of YouTube, AtHomeWithNikki where she gives a detailed tour of her "womans cave"...errr...its a craft room organisation video, nothing else I promise! Highly recommend you check out her channels for inspiration.

During:

Lucy looks on thinking "What are you doing mamma?!"

After:

Everything now has a place and is easily accessible (no paper avalanches anymore!)

Paper clutter is contained in pretty coloured binders and easily accessed
Small items are organised and contained
Things we use regularly are contained and easily able to be lifted out and used

It feels so nice to open that cupboard now. I especially love the plastic drawers I got from Staples to corral things like envelopes, clear filing pockets, card, etc. The kind of items that breed everywhere in the house.


A highlight for me though was the label maker I purchased (again from Staples). I'm such a geek I know, but the joy of printing and sticking down a label is immense! I got the Dymo LetraTag as it was on sale and am very happy with it. It's very easy to use and no fuss to set up:



I'm really happy with how this has turned out. It really does help with keeping my stress levels down for everything to have a place. 


Now I just have to muster the energy to finish the other two cupboards! If you'd like me to share when I finally get those done on here let me know.


Happy Sunday!

Links:
Binders from Staples
Label Maker at Staples (full price)

Battery box from Hobbycraft


FYI - I am in no way affiliated with Staples or HobbyCraft, just happened to find what I was looking for there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016