Coming back from illness


"Pride comes before a fall" - an old proverb but one that is often proven to be true. 


At least it has recently been true for me. I have taken such personal pride in how I had managed to consistently do 2 blog posts a week and then "poof" I fall off the radar for a few weeks!


I wish it was because I decided to take a last minute world cruise or similar, but sadly no. It was because I fell suddenly very ill at the end of August and have just not felt strong enough to even think of content or ideas to write about until now. Which is good because it shows I am getting better at last.



I won't bore you with all the details in this post, but may do a future one on my issues when I know more of them myself.


Like most people I have been ill before - sometimes even without alcohol involvement - but I have never ever before been so wholly incapacitated and I do not like that at all. I went from bouncing around feeling pretty normal to being in absolute agony and not being able to walk up the stairs to the bathroom without resting half way. Not fun!


Luckily the UK has a fabulous health service and they have got me back on my feet. I'm still not back at work, but every day I get a little better and a bit stronger, so I am hopeful to be back in the swing of things sooner rather than later. One plus is I am getting to spend lots of quality time with my excellent resident nurse....


Nurse Lucy

I just wanted to let you know I have not abandoned this blog and plan on posting again on Thursday as normal.


Thanks so much for sticking with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016