Another Small Kitchen Cupboard Organisation Project


Spurred on by the success of the last kitchen cupboard I tackled, my attention now turned to another small hot mess of a cupboard.


This cupboard is basically our medicine cabinet but also the same for our dog. Over time it has become super cluttered and jumbled up. As soon as you reached for something a flurry of other things would slide out onto the kitchen counter or floor below. Not good, so something had to be done. I thought I would share the process I followed and some shots of the end result.

Process:

1) Take everything out and as you do throw out anything that has expired (or will do very soon). At the same time make a list of anything you need to repurchase.

2) Wipe down the entire cupboard once emptied. Got to be nice and clean.


3) Group the items you will be wanting to put back in the cupboard into similar categories, e.g. plasters and bandages, pain relief and cold remedies, etc.

4) The fun bit...putting it all back in. Consider which items you need to access more frequently, and obviously make sure less frequently needed items are kept in the more difficult to reach parts of the space.


As it worked so well in my last project I decided to utilise another "Lazy Susan" to help with access to the various dog related items we keep in there. The upper shelves were then for our medicines.



With less items cluttering up the space and some logic applied to what we need to be easily accessible this cupboard is now much more functional for us. Let's hope we can keep it like this for the long term!



Have you had any organising successes recently? Please share any tips below, I'd love to hear from you. Happy Organising!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016