Small Organisation Project - Sideboard Phase 2



A few posts ago I shared Phase One of my side board organisation mission and now I'm finally ready to share phase two. This did not take half as much effort as the first cupboard, but for some reason took me longer to feel happy with it.


As you can see from the picture below the before was a huge mess, full of junk and just not nice to look at....



So once again I emptied it out and began sorting it all into piles...trying to find common threads. I also knew I had a few items left over from phase one that wouldn't fit into that space once organised, so cupboard two has become predominantly my filing overflow.




Through this process I have learnt something new to how I have organised my stuff in the past. Thanks to Pintrest I have gazed at hundreds of beautiful images of organised cupboards and I finally twigged what I loved the most about them...they were pretty. Folders matched, boxes were in keeping, etc. In the past I just organised the things but never considered the importance that the overall look of the space could have.


Top shelf now contains three categories of our "stuff": Travel, random bits and greetings cards stash.



The bottom shelf is the filing overflow section plus space to add other items to the right should we need it for anything (currently housing out tissue stash for now).




Whilst the impact of this look is not as "wow" as the first cupboard I am equally pleased with it as a very functional cupboard now.

FYI there will not be a phase three of this project, as it is all my partners papers in there + a mess of technology randoms. So I am leaving that one alone and will instead concentrate on ensuring one and two stay as nice as they currently are!

I hope you maybe found this a bit inspiring to tackle your own messy space - do share if it has.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016