Plan with me - catch up on the domestic drudgery!



So as I promised on Instagram on Sunday night (whatsarahkatesays) I'm using this nights blog post to give a catch up on my progress against my plan for the week. Now this is purely a domestic/social planner - my full time job is managed with an electronic calendar and one I am happy to leave at the office thank you very much.



This is generally how most weeks tend to look at the start. I always create spaces for logging the meals I eat, my two blog posts and plans for cleaning. I find that writing it all out gets it out of my head (which is overcrowded most of the time with work stuff) and helps me face the week a bit more "sorted" than if I didn't do this.


The purpose of the meal stickers is to help me track what I'm having for breakfast and lunch at work - I clearly am going through a soup phase right now! I find it is encouraging me to meal plan more and try and create some variety at home. Below is a sweet chilli chicken pitta fest I had on Tuesday night - yum!



So how have I done in the first half of the week against my grand plans? Well not too bad (see pic below). Truth is some weeks I'm just too tired after work to wash skirting boards or organise a cupboard, so I do like the fact that Friday can be a "catch all" day where I try and catch up (obviously) on most chores. My aim is always to have the weekend as cleaning free as possible. 


Do I succeed? Honestly not every week, but I've learnt that the important thing is to just keep on trying and not let one or two bad weeks set you back to zero again.



So that is how I typically plan for the week and keep track. I also use daily habit tracker stickers for key things I am trying to do every day. These are great and I have found that they encourage me to keep going and act as great reminders.

I'd love to hear how you like to plan your week, so share in the comments if you like.

Links:
The planner I'm using
More detail on how I like to plan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016