Organisation Idea - Narrow Kitchen Cupboard

I think a lot of people have a space like this. A small, narrow cupboard that can hold a surprising amount but is then a complete pain to get anything out of. Digging around for the products you need to use while cooking and sending cascades of tuppaware spilling out on top of you.

Here's how I have dealt with our messy little cupboard...


The Before:



I've watched a lot of YouTube organisation videos now (admittedly a slight obsession of mine) and one idea that came up many times and that stood out for me was the use of a simple contraption called a "Lazy Susan". The beauty of this device is that you can really easily access items by spinning it round - genius! No more digging around.

So one bored evening I measured up the space and took to Amazon to see if there were any Lazy Susans that would fit. Imagine my geeky joy when I found they did exist. I felt so confident in my measuring skills that I ordered two.


The Process:

Firstly I emptied out the entire cupboard and tossed anything that was past its best or pretty much empty. I then wiped down the whole cupboard so it was clean and fresh.






The After:

On the top shelf I put all the items that we rarely need to use and yes I had to get out the new label maker and play! 




On the middle shelf I put the first of the new Lazy Susans. This shelf is the smallest height-wise, so I was restricted on what would fit on it. 





Finally the last one went neatly on the bottom shelf. Now we can easily access our most frequently used items without having to rummage around.






It does mean that you are a little restricted on space as you cannot cram as much stuff into the cupboard, but then how many condiments do you actually use regularly? 


Before & After:



It's been a couple of weeks since I did this and it is working really well for us. You can tell it's a keeper when your Boyfriend admires it too!

Hope this may have inspired you to go organise your annoyingly narrow cupboard - if it does let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016