My Spa Experience - Whittlebury Hall & Hotel


Firstly I want to apologise for missing my first mid-week post in a number of weeks. It felt very wrong, but I'd just had one of those weeks where I couldn't get myself organised and truth be told the heat made me lazy.

Speaking of lazy, today I thought I would share with you a recent spa break a friend and I took to Whittlebury Hall & Hotel Spa down in Northamptonshire. 


Links at end of post

We found an absolutely fantastic deal on the internet whereby we got:
  • a deluxe twin room for one night
  • use of all the spa facilities including their Heat & Ice experience on the first day (check-in by 10am)
  • the leisure club facilities
  • all meals included - lunch, 3 course dinner and buffet breakfast
  • a 50 minute hot stone back, shoulder, neck and scalp massage. Heavenly!




From the moment I arrived I knew I was going to really enjoy my stay there.  The reception staff were warm and friendly as well as organised.  We booked into the Spa, had a quick tour to get orientated, and then dived into the whole experience.

The aim of the trip was pure relaxation and we certainly achieved! A whole day utilising all the wonderful facilities geared to helping you unwind and enjoy yourself was a day very well spent. I had my first ever sauna and steam room experiences (very enjoyable once I got over the being in a room with sweating strangers part) and I particularly loved just kicking back in the hot tub until our fingers went super wrinkly.

The 50 minute massage was just so calming and something I wish I could have every week. Spending all day in a robe feels very indulgent and adds to the relaxing vibe. 

Links at end of post

The dinner that night was simply phenomenal. We were met in reception with canapés and ordered our 3 courses. We were then led by our waiter through the main dining area to a smaller more intimate room called Murrays Restaurant, as in Murray Walker (the hotel is near the Silverstone racecourse hence the racing theme). We were then treated to an amuse bouche, our 3 beautifully presented courses and then they topped it off with a selection of deliciously rich petit fours. We were stuffed to the gills by the end, but just so amazed that we got all this included in our deal. The massage and dinner alone came to more than we paid in total - I love a good bargain!




So in a nutshell I'd highly recommend the spa and hotel if you ever get the opportunity to go there. I even came away with some products to try and keep the spa vibe going once back at home (not included in the deal).


        
Hope you enjoyed this rather lengthy post (I guess felt I needed to make up a bit for missing one) and maybe it has inspired you to get searching for a spa experience of your own? If so let me know where you go and if you would recommend it.

Links (non-affiliate):
Whittlebury Hall Hotel: www.whittleburyhall.co.uk
SPA Breaks: www.spabreaks.com
Silverstone Racecourse: www.silverstone.co.uk
Murray Walker: Murray_Walker_Bio


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016