My Teeth Whitening Experience : 3D Crest Whitestrips



Being an absolute tea and coffee fiend...and British...yellow teeth have been a constant companion for me throughout my adult life. What I used to consider a "Hollywood Smile" was never something I thought could be achieved by someone who does not frequent the dentist (I know naughty).

Despite using whitening toothpaste products I've noticed in the last couple of years the yellowing is getting worse and harder to shift with normal tooth brushing.  So I wanted to try something that would be fast and easy to use and did not involve pouring bleach products into a gum shield and walking round the house like Rocky Balboa.  So again following some good ole YouTube research I decided to give the 3D crest white, Supreme Flexfit Whitestrips a go.

Sadly they are not available in stores in UK, so I had to order them online.  They are quite expensive for something I'd never tried before, but had free shipping so I took the plunge.  

You get 28 strips in the box which is enough for 14 upper and lower teeth "sessions".  You only have to leave them in for an hour and they are relatively unobtrusive, i.e. I can still talk and swallow with them in.  No dribbling - always a bonus!  I'd say it feels more like you have a couple of strips of sellotape on your teeth and I didn't find the bleach taste too strong.

So how did I go?

  • After first treatment - no obvious signs of whitening.  Teeth felt ok afterwards and no sensitivity encountered.
  • After 3rd treatment - Teeth were showing slightly whiter, however I started to experience some sensitivity.  I decided to skip a day to give teeth time to recover.
  • After 5th treatment - the taking a break in between treatments worked and the sensitivity subsided.
I decided at this point to stop regularly whitening and instead I now just throw a whitestrip on when I feel the yellow is beginning to dominate again.  I'm not obsessed with getting the whitest teeth on the planet - I just want to feel confident when I smile.

Overall I am very satisfied with the product and appreciate how easy they are to use.  I wish they were available in UK stores and a bit cheaper, but I will definitely re-purchase when I run out.

Do you whiten your teeth?  What products would you recommend?

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with the makers of this product in any way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016