My Zone Cleaning Routine : Simplify Your Life Series 2016



Struggling to keep on top of all the cleaning that needs to get done?  Why don't you try Zone Cleaning?

A zone = an area of the home that will be detail cleaned over the course of a week.  This is done in conjuncture with your normal cleaning routine and covers a different "zone" of the house every week in rotation.

The number of zones (and therefore weeks) in rotation really depends on your property size and layout.  I thought I would share mine to give you an idea what I am on about:
  1. Living Room and Downstairs hall way
  2. Dining Room and Stairs
  3. Kitchen
  4. Bathroom and upstairs landing
  5. Guest Bedroom
  6. Master bedroom
  7. Office

Methodology:
Over the weeks you simply rotate through each zone doing a really detailed clean.  As the house is kept generally fresh and clean on a weekly basis with the normal cleaning routine [My Weekly Cleaning Routine], the zone cleaning is for less frequently done jobs like washing skirting boards, pulling furniture out and cleaning behind them, cleaning windows, cleaning inside cupboards, etc.  Basically jobs that don't need to be done as part of the weekly routine.

Using this system means that every seven weeks (in my case) the zones get a good cleaning and as a bonus ensures the house is always in great shape for when visitors and guests arrive.

You don't have to be rigid with the cycle - for example if I know I have guests staying and I'm on zone 2, I may switch to zone 5 next before continuing through the rest, so the deep clean is done just before they arrive.

This is a system that really works and I give full credit for my inspiration to the blogger and YouTuber "How Jen Does It".  You can check out her great blog here: [https://howjendoesit.com]

Happy cleaning!  Let me know if this works for you as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016