Intro : Simplify Your Life Series 2016

Source: www.frenchfancy.com via Pintrest

Something happened to me when I reached my late Thirties (of which I am still a resident...just).  I kinda woke up one day and took a look at my home and was overwhelmed with a feeling of frustration and disappointment.  I know - drama queen right?

I bought my home back in 2010 and had spent several years doing it up and getting it done "to my taste", but no matter what I did to the house I was never happy with the finished look.

The reason?  Basically because nothing was ever really "finished" in my view.  Yes the big work was being done (new bathroom suite, plastering and paint on the walls, new furniture, etc.) but no matter what I was doing the rooms would always quickly deteriorate into a bit of a mess.

Source: studiostationery.nl via Pintrest
For years I have subscribed to the Ideal Homes magazine [Website] and love nothing more than to glide through their pages absorbing all the beautiful pictures whilst sipping a cup of coffee.  The same can be said with Pintrest and Bloglovin - I can lose hours to scrolling through their posts on home decor and organisation.  So this year I decided enough was enough and instead of just looking and dreaming I would take action at last.

Little by little I began to declutter my home and re-organise small corners better.  I have also instigated a better cleaning routine to help keep the house looking "visitor ready".  Bonus time - I also  found better organisation techniques for my work life as well that have led to better balance for me.

There really is so much I feel I could share with you on this topic, so I have decided to do a series of blog posts on this subject, otherwise this blog would be the size of War and Peace.

This is a journey for me and I am by no means at my final destination yet and would love to hear your tips/techniques on the subject.

What do you plan to do in 2016 to simplify your life?  Any tips to share?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Lucy

July Goals 2016